Joel Greenblatt is a successful American hedge fund manager. He is the Founder and Managing Partner at Gotham Capital.
He has recommended a number of books that have influenced his thinking and approach to investing. While this list is by no means complete, here are some of the book recommendations from Joel Greenblatt:
- The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham. This is a classic book on value investing
- Margin of Safety by Seth Klarman. This book is another classic on value investing, and it focuses on the importance of buying stocks with a margin of safety.
- One Up on Wall Street by Peter Lynch. This book is a great introduction to growth investing, and it tells the story of how Lynch used his knowledge of the retail industry to find undervalued stocks.
- The Only Investment Guide You’ll Ever Need by Andrew Tobias. This book is a comprehensive guide to investing, and it covers everything from asset allocation to individual stock selection.
- Security Analysis by Benjamin Graham and David Dodd
- Common Sense on Mutual Funds by John C. Bogle
- The New Financial Order: Risk In The 21st Century by Robert J. Shiller
- Value Investing: From Graham to Buffett and Beyond by Bruce Greenwald, Judd Kahn, Michael Sonkin, and Andrew Van Biema
For all the latest news and podcasts, join our free newsletter here.
Don’t forget to check out our FREE Large Cap 1000 – Stock Screener, here at The Acquirer’s Multiple: