Bill Ackman is a very successful investor, hedge fund manager, and Founder and CEO of Pershing Square Capital Management.
He has recommended a number of books that have influenced his thinking and approach to investing. While this list is by no means complete, here are nine book recommendations from Bill Ackman. These book recommendations can be found in various interviews, speeches, and writings by Ackman:
- The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham. This is a classic book on value investing.
- Security Analysis by Benjamin Graham and David L. Dodd. This is a more comprehensive version of The Intelligent Investor, and it’s considered to be one of the most important books ever written on investing.
- You Can Be a Stock Market Genius by Joel Greenblatt. This book teaches a simple, yet effective, investing strategy that’s based on finding stocks that are trading below their intrinsic value.
- Margin of Safety by Seth Klarman. This book is a more advanced look at value investing, and it’s one of Ackman’s most recommended books for experienced investors.
- The Essays of Warren Buffett by Lawrence A. Cunningham. This book collects Buffett’s annual shareholder letters, which are full of valuable insights on investing and business.
- One Up on Wall Street by Peter Lynch. This book teaches how to find undervalued stocks by looking for companies that you know and love.
- The Warren Buffett Way by Robert G. Hagstrom. This book is a biography of Warren Buffett, but it also provides a detailed look at his investment philosophy.
- Fooling Some of the People All of the Time by David Einhorn. This book tells the story of how Einhorn exposed the accounting fraud at Lehman Brothers.
- Confidence Game by Christine Richard. This book tells the story of how Ackman exposed the fraud at Herbalife.
For all the latest news and podcasts, join our free newsletter here.
Don’t forget to check out our FREE Large Cap 1000 – Stock Screener, here at The Acquirer’s Multiple: