Howard Marks, is a very successful investor, author, and co-founder of Oaktree Capital Management.
He has recommended a number of books that have influenced his thinking and approach to investing. While this list is by no means complete, here are six book recommendations from Howard Marks. These book recommendations can be found in various interviews, speeches, and writings by Marks:
- Principles: Life and Work by Ray Dalio. This book is a distillation of Dalio’s life experiences and business principles. It is a valuable read for anyone who wants to learn how to think more effectively and make better decisions.
- Fooled by Randomness by Nassim Nicholas Taleb. This book is a challenging but rewarding read that explores the role of randomness in life and investing. It is a must-read for anyone who wants to understand the limits of human knowledge and the importance of humility in decision-making.
- The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable by Nassim Nicholas Taleb. This book is a sequel to Fooled by Randomness and explores the concept of black swan events, which are events that are unpredictable and have a major impact on the world. It is a must-read for anyone who wants to understand the risks of investing and the importance of diversification.
- The Psychology of Money by Morgan Housel. This book is a great read for anyone who wants to understand the emotional side of investing. It is full of helpful insights and anecdotes that will help you make better financial decisions.
- Factfulness: Ten Reasons We’re Wrong About the World and Why Things Are Better Than You Think by Hans Rosling. This book is a must-read for anyone who wants to understand the world better. Rosling uses data and statistics to debunk common misconceptions about the world, and he shows that things are actually getting better, not worse.
- Against the Gods: The Remarkable Story of Risk by Peter L. Bernstein. This book is a classic on the history of risk and uncertainty. It is a fascinating read that will help you understand the role of risk in our lives and the importance of managing it effectively.
For all the latest news and podcasts, join our free newsletter here.
Don’t forget to check out our FREE Large Cap 1000 – Stock Screener, here at The Acquirer’s Multiple: