Michael Mauboussin recently released his latest report on – “Public to Private Equity in the United States: A Long-Term Look.” A multi-decade look at public equities, buyouts, and venture capital in the U.S.
Over the past quarter century there has been a marked shift in U.S. equities from public markets to private markets controlled by buyout and venture capital firms. This change has had reverberations for asset managers, investors, executives, and policy makers.
The report endeavors to answer the following questions:
- What have been the major drivers behind the shift from public to private equities in the U.S.?
- Why are there fewer public companies today than there were 25 years ago?
- What are the long-term trends in buyouts?
- What are the long-term trends in venture capital?
- Where do we go from here?
You can read the entire report here:
For more articles like this, check out our recent articles here.
Don’t forget to check out our FREE Large Cap 1000 – Stock Screener, here at The Acquirer’s Multiple: