Each year, Boyar Research publishes their Forgotten Forty Report featuring the forty stocks that they believe have the greatest potential for capital appreciation in the year ahead due to a catalyst they see on the horizon.
To give you an example, Boyar have provided our readers with sample reports from last year’s Forgotten Forty:
What Is The Forgotten Forty
Every stock profiled in The Forgotten Forty has a one page write-up highlighting Boyar’s investment thesis (including the company’s valuation and potential catalysts for value realization). While the Forgotten Forty contains one page reports on each stock, readers should be comforted to know that Boyar Research has previously published a full-blown research report on every company featured.
The Forgotten Forty has outperformed the S&P 500 by approximately 214 bps over the past 15 years, 216 bps over the past 10 years and 185 bps over the past 5 years.*
Every December, for over two decades, Boyar Research publishes The Forgotten Forty, which features one page reports on the forty companies that we believe have the greatest potential to outperform the leading indices in the year ahead due to a catalyst that we see on the horizon. All companies featured in The Forgotten Forty have been previously analyzed in full length research reports in our flagship subscription research publication Asset Analysis Focus.
(*Past performance is no guarantee of future results. These figures are not audited.)
Potential Catalysts Could Include:
- The potential initiation of either a dividend or meaningful stock repurchase program reflecting a company’s strong balance sheet with excess cash or meaningful financial capacity (e.g. low leverage levels).
- The potential for a company to announce/pursue a separation or spin off, which we believe makes economic sense and would help surface shareholder value.
- Management changes, acquisitions, macro themes (e.g. demographics, housing recovery, etc.) and prospects for improved operating performance due to business investments or changing industry/competitive dynamics.
40 One-Page Snapshots:
- 40 one-page snapshots detailing our investment theses and valuation for each company profiled.
- All companies featured in The Forgotten Forty have been previously analyzed in full length research reports in our flagship subscription research publication Asset Analysis Focus.
$500 Off Boyar’s Forgotten Forty Report: Special Offer for Acquirers Multiple Readers
Boyar is offering Acquirer’s Multiple readers a $500 discount off this year’s Forgotten Forty Report:
More about The Forgetten Forty from Mark Boyar:
The Forgotten Forty on CNBC:
The Forgotten Forty Features in Barron’s 2018:
For more articles like this, check out our recent articles here.
Don’t forget to check out our FREE Large Cap 1000 – Stock Screener, here at The Acquirer’s Multiple: